(DRINKING WARM WATER)
The healing water
Ayurvedic purification technique that is excellent for eliminating toxins from the body’s system. It sounds very simple, but you’ll find that is has the powerful influence of purifying and strengthening the gastrointestinal tract, as well as detoxing and rejuvenating the major systems of the body.
All you have to do is sip hot water frequently throughout the day.
Toxins (ama) that enter the body from external factors such as food, environment, stress, etc. are sticky and greasy by nature. Hot water can dissolve ama from your system just as it dissolves grease from dirty dishes, and it can accomplish this gradually and comfortably.
Just as you boil/cook food in hot water to make it easier to assimilate and to kill the food’s impurities, drinking hot water does the same in your body. It assists in the digestive process by further cooking food you are having trouble digesting in your gut, and dissolves ama to be easily eliminated.
According to Dr. John Douillard:
Drinking plain boiled hot water is an ancient Ayurvedic method for flushing the lymphatic system, softening hardened tissues, and dilating, cleansing and then hydrating deep tissues. It also heals and repairs the digestive system and flushes the GALT (lymph on the outside of the intestinal wall).
The frequency of sipping hot water is more important than the quantity of water you drink. For best results, water should be sipped about every thirty minutes. If this seems to much for you, take at least one or two sips every hour. You may have other liquids during the day as well – herbal tea, coconut water in summer, or Ayurvedic lassi (yoghurt drink).
You’ll appreciate the soothing and balancing effect of this technique. Once you have gotten used to it, you will look forward to drinking hot water on a frequent basis.
During the first few weeks you may urinate more frequently. This is because the body is beginning to flush out ama and other impurities. It’s a sign that something beneficial is happening to your system. Gradually the frequency of urination should return to normal, but the ama will continue to be released from the system.
Cold water (and any cold drinks) hamper digestion.
It freezes the digestive enzymes and fluids in your G.I. tract, disabling your body from effectively digesting any substance. This has many implications on your body and can contribute to disease in any of the systems in your body.
For stimulating the bowel motion in the morning have a cup of warm water first thing. This flushes out the impurities from the previous day. If you want to make it more detoxing, you can certainly add fresh lemon juice, freshly grated ginger and honey. A lot of us would be better off getting out of the habit of drinking icy cold water. Put hot water in an insulated thermos for the day or always have a kettle nearby.
Enjoy this nourishing and purifying source of hydration!
1. It Enhanced Stamina and Performance: Drinking warm water routinely may better your health by protecting the systems throughout your body uninfected and sterilized. When your body is not overloaded with toxins, it can perform at a maximum level. This can lead to and gain in stamina and accomplishment. These effects in better overall performance on both a physical and mental level.
2. It improves blood circulation: When you drink hot water, the fat deposits in the body burns and the built-up accumulations in the nervous system additionally breaks down. This enhances blood circulation throughout the body and as well flushes out harmful toxins.
3. Increase’s perspiration: When you drink a hot refreshment, you sweat a lot for sooner or later. This is because when we drink hot water or any other beverage, the body temperature increases and the water tries to cool down the temperature through perspiration. Perspiration helps clean the skin cells by taking out surplus water and salt from the cells and body.
4. It Cure’s constipation: This is a regular stomach trouble that grows due to water scarcity in the body. The stool settles in the intestines and lowers the bowel movement. This causes you to suffer from irregularity were passing out stool is difficult and occasionally extremely painful. Have a glass of hot water with empty stomach in the morning to rectify bowel movements and cure irregularity. Hot or warm water breaks down food particles and overtakes them out via intestines.
5. It Aid’s in weight loss: numerous dieticians ask you to drink a glass of hot water with lemon and honey every day to lose weight. Well, the suggestion is very beneficial in dropping extra pounds. The reason it hot water breaks down fat deposits from the body and supports in weight loss. Having a glass of hot or warm water either with lemon or honey or both, after every meal is very benifical. Lemon has pectin fiber that regulates food craving and is perfect for people who are on alkalic diet.
6. It helps in Cleansing and purifying of body: One of the most outstanding benefits of drinking hot water is, that it is very advantageous in cleansing the body. Poor digestion can be definitely treated by having a glass of hot water twice a day. Drink a glass of hot water early in the morning will flush out toxins from the body and cleanse the system. You can also take hot water mixed with honey or lemon for best results.
7. It works for cold and cough: Irritation in the throat due to cough or tonsil can be honestly painful. In this condition drinking hot or warm water reduces throat pain, liquefies thick cough and helps it come out easily.
8. It reduces body pain: Drinking a glass of hot water with carom seeds is a productive home remedy to cure menstrual cramps. If you have abdomen pain, migraine or body pain, have a glass of hot water to get immediate relief.
9. It Develops Emotional Responses and Thoughts: Drinking warm water can help for the elimination of toxic accumulations from the body’s nervous system. Holistic practitioners believe that these toxins can have a contradictory effect on your sensations and thoughts. According to this principle of ayurveda if you drink warm water, you can purify your mind and body and acquire a balanced mental state. This equilibrium can help to keep your thoughts clear, that may lead to bettered overall health.